Keeping the immune system in good condition and strong defenses allows us to prevent the development of certain diseases and stand up to those that begin to manifest in our bodies. To keep your body in perfect condition and strengthen the immune system in a natural way, Vitae offers you a food supplement with purified beta-glucans from yeast, vitamin D3, vitamin B, and Zinc. This food supplement will help you maintain the normal functioning of the immune system. It will reduce tiredness and fatigue so that your body increases its defenses and will protect the cells of your body against the damage caused by oxidation.
Next, we will tell you how to increase immunity home remedies so that these measures have a greater effect. Remember that with a strong immune system, you will be much healthier in all aspects.
How to increase immunity home remedies?
Food is the basis for maintaining a strong and healthy immune system. For this reason and in order to raise the defenses in a natural way, it is important to incorporate foods that provide us with the necessary nutrients to strengthen the immune system and that favor the defense cells of the body more efficiently. These are some of the best foods to boost your defenses:
- Products with Omega 3: tuna, salmon, sardines, walnuts, chia seeds, and flaxseed.
- Foods rich in vitamin C: orange, tangerine, lemon, pineapple, mango, melon, watermelon, strawberries, kiwi, tomato, broccoli, cabbage, etc.
- Foods with vitamin A: carrot, spinach, chard, beet, or egg.
- Foods rich in vitamin E: olive and sunflower oil and nuts such as hazelnuts, peanuts, pistachios, or almonds.
- Products containing zinc: chicken, turkey, red beef, oysters, wheat germ and whole grains, pumpkin seeds, and fish.
- Foods with selenium: rice, chicken, cheese, wheat flour, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Natural probiotics: natural yogurt and kefir.
In addition to introducing these foods into your diet, it is important to avoid processed foods, refined sugars, alcohols, and caffeine, as they are very harmful and weaken the body.
Vitamins to raise the defenses
Keeping the body with good levels of vitamins is essential to strengthening the immune system naturally. But what are the vitamins most necessary to keep the immune system strong? These are the following:
- Vitamin C: it is the most essential, as it directly helps the proper functioning of the immune system. The star fruit where you can find this vitamin is in the orange. However, you can also consume it through food supplements.
- Vitamin B3: This vitamin is water-soluble. That is, it dissolves in water, so a great property can be lost if you cook food that contains them. Therefore, taking it through food supplements will allow the mucous membranes to be in normal conditions, one of the main functions of type B vitamins.
- Vitamin D: this type of vitamin helps to absorb calcium since it is fat-soluble, and together with phosphorus, it allows us to maintain strong bones, a great defense of our immune system. Vitamin D is produced in the body through sunlight, although you will also find it in small doses in some foods and as a supplement.
Taking care of your body, leading a healthy life, and avoiding, as far as possible, everything that is harmful to your body will allow you to maintain a strong immune system with high defenses and ready to fight everything.
Why the immune system is weakened
The immune system is the body’s defense method that is activated to prevent attacks by bacteria, viruses, fungi, or other pathogenic organisms. The skin is our first defensive barrier, but there are some more, such as white blood cells and immunoglobulins. Any imbalance in the immune system can directly affect the performance and functioning of our body, as well as our health. Therefore, it is necessary to keep it strong and take the necessary measures so that the defenses do not weaken.
Although we have sophisticated defense methods, there are certain factors that can affect and weaken our immune system. These are the main causes of a weakened immune system:
Inadequate nutrition: it is the basis of health. The deficit of proteins, vitamins, or minerals, as well as the excess of carbohydrates, directly affects the functioning of the immune system.
Low activity: sedentary lifestyle is directly related to diseases such as diabetes or being overweight, which has a very negative impact on immunology. Lack of movement or no moderate physical activity, at least twice a week, is a quick way to weaken your defenses.
A bad rest: not sleeping the recommended hours (between 7 and 8 a day) and not having an optimal rest and good sleep hygiene causes the defenses of the immune system to lower their guard and are not as effective against the attack of diseases.
Stress: although it is a natural response that favors the release of adrenaline, an overload of tension can transform into more serious pathologies such as anxiety, depression, or even thrombosis. Maintaining stressful situations for a long time can affect the depression of the immune system and weaken it.
You may also like to read, Top 6 foods rich in iron